UtiliSource is seeking a highly motivated individual to join its geospatial team as a GIS Analyst. Our team is looking for a well-organized, self-directed applicant who has experience with the ArcGIS suite of desktop and ArcGIS Online cloud environment.
- Evaluate, document and adhere to Client design requirements
- Leverage out of the box and custom software solutions to perform GIS data management and analytical tasks.
- Generate innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Support and manage GIS applications based on growing business demands
- Plan and coordinate GIS activities to meet outlined goals
- Develop quality control standards for system application
- Perform data capture and analysis for GIS products
- Oversee data flow, management and distribution activities to support GIS
- Support in designing and creating geospatial database
- Work in compliance with GIS standards and quality policies
- Provide technical guidance to GIS users when needed
- Stay abreast with latest developments in GIS field
- Support in developing work plan for complex projects
- Provide design lead with updates on progress and roadblocks
- Comprehensive knowledge in ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Products (ArcMap, ArcPro)
- Good working knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ESRI mobile apps such as Web App Builder, Dashboard, Survey 123, and Collector
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with mobile GIS data collection and GPS accuracy standards.
- Excellent Written and verbal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm toward learning, pushing technical limits and finding new solutions
- Ability to think analytically and solve problems
- Ability to excel in a detail-oriented environment with a high level of accuracy
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Computer Science, or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Professional GIS experience in the utility sector is also preferred
- Experience with ESRI software is required
- Knowledge of computer applications and functions including, but not limited to:
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, ESRI, CAD, and other related software
- Spatial analysis and geoprocessing tolls expertise (geocoding, linear referencing, routing, networks, CAD-GIS interaction, metadata, symbology, web-based mapping applications, WMS/web services.)
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision to allow prolonged periods of computer work
- Vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to use different types of office equipment
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise (business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)
- Class E license preferred
- Must be able to traverse all necessary terrain at a job site
Job Type: Full Time