By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry. The construction industry changes rapidly, and we cultivate a dynamic workplace where even our newest team members can influence change and make an impact.
UtiliSource is currently seeking a charismatic and motivated individual to fill the role of Sr. Project Manager. The successful candidate will establish themselves as a leader by cultivating relationships, accurately reading people, understanding their needs, and listening to their input, all while working within the project team on FTTH projects throughout the US.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, tracking, and closure of specific projects which have a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables. This position requires the ability to monitor, maintain, and report the financial and physical status of projects to the Director. The Project Manager serves as the primary contact for clients, maintaining effective communications, and attending status meetings and calls.
- Manage entire projects from planning stage, all the way to completion.
- Demonstrate a team focus, provide leadership, support, and adhere to sound business practices.
- Streamline the delivery process by implementing processes and applying new technology.
- Collaborate with the customer to determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project.
- Determine the resources (labor, materials, equipment, etc.) and criteria (locates, permits, safety needs, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with all affected stakeholders and senior management as necessary; revise the schedule as required.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization and the customer on the progress of the project.
- Proactively identify problematic design/construction elements and formulate solutions.
- Initiate change orders with the customer for all changes to the scope of work.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity, ensuring projects meet or exceed budgeted financial objectives with focus on revenue, expense control and margin optimization.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and lasting client relationships.
- Construction Management degree or PMP certification
- Field experience which includes exposure to aerial, underground and/or splicing disciplines
- Ability to read engineering drawings and technical documents for OSP facilities
- Knowledge of OSP materials necessary to complete the job
- Knowledge of the OSP construction process
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets and email, and smartphones for texting and other field communications (Microsoft)
- Must be organized, able to make decisions and solve problems creatively and quickly, capable of multi-tasking, and be adaptable and creative in overcoming situations quickly. This position requires good communication and leadership skills, and the ability to foster teamwork.
- Travel required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Vision to allow prolonged periods of computer work
- Vision to allow differences in colors, shades and brightness
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Must be able to tolerate moderate noise (business office with computers, phones, printers, and light traffic)
- Must be able to traverse all necessary terrain at a job site
- Must be able to drive a vehicle up to eight hours to travel to and from job sites.
- Must be able to work in different temperatures and changing weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, or stretching.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
To apply for this job email your details to Heather.Christine@sellcon.us