Software Project Manager
Our software project manager is responsible for leading software projects and development from its conceptualization to final deliverables while providing leadership to the product support team and collaboration or direct involvement in effective marketing campaigns. Our Software Project Manager will coordinate internal and external clients to understand their specifications and requirements. . Other activities will include review of every successful milestone completion, revises project plans as needed and ensures the stability and efficiency of software applications by running quality control tests.
Responsible to plan and oversee scheduling for one direct report, initially. The group is expected to grow significantly in the next 12 months.
- Collaborate and provide guidance in the software development lifecycle
- Work with the management team to develop effective marketing materials and strategies
- Collaborate with the team to develop a product vision for further development of existing products
- Analyze the competitive landscape to see what competitors are doing in the market
- Determine strengths and weaknesses of competitors and leverage that knowledge within our product
- Analyze trend reports, industry content, market statistics, sales data, user stories, mockups and metrics to develop a working strategy
- Manage the development process and the team members to ensure a quick and efficient product launch
- Manage the workflow of a marketing and sales team
- Develop a complete product requirements document as well as reference documentation
- Prioritize new features based on usability, functionality, and user experience
- Develop a proper pricing model based on competitive models
- Maintain a complete backlog of all activities, processes and workflows of all relevant teams, stakeholders, and any external influencers and consultants.
- Must be able to develop status reports for external and executive stakeholders on a regular basis
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in software development, computer science, or equivalent experience – Required
- Proven work experience as a product manager, software developer, or project manager is required (5 years)
- Ability to participate in the Daily Scrum and Sprint Planning processes
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of the product vision, product launch and ongoing demos
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to exercise tact, courtesy, and ethics when dealing with vendors, co-workers, and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- May be asked to travel to visit vendors or different company locations.
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the business.
- Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.